Crook Brothers Daimler Dingo

cmp

Hi Fellas

Years ago I remember an add running in Wheels and Tracks for Crook Brothers Near Preston who had a number of WW2 military vehicle to dispose of, I suppose this would be mid 1980's ish. Amongst this lot was a Dingo. Would anyone one here remember it at all, was it ever photographed?

best wishes to all

Nick

Yes I think so, I'll drop them a line. I remember visiting the auction when ever that was and there were dingo parts amongst the lots, but they vehicle itself had gone by that time. I am told they even had new tyres then!

regards

nick

remember going years ago , think my dad has some pic s , we asked about prices ,reply was we want a blank cheque , remember the duwks stacked and the british staff car painted pink with a kitchen sink in the back...... pass there place now and then mainly landies outside

For years they advertised a new Carrier in a crate ...... don't suppose they had a price on that either, least not in their adverts that I recall.

What they did have was a massive bonfire of galv. Land Rover sticks - size of a house. I assumed they were selling Ex-MOD to farmers who wanted hard-tops. The son said to me - "they will sell" , I had my doubts at the time if there was a market - times have changed LoL

What they did have was a massive bonfire of galv. Land Rover sticks - size of a house. I assumed they were selling Ex-MOD to farmers who wanted hard-tops. The son said to me - "they will sell" , I had my doubts at the time if there was a market - times have changed LoL

think we have a set in the garage

• 5 years later...

Hi All, Just thought I'd give this a stir again.  Still looking for pictures of a Daimler Dingo taken in Crook Brothers Yard, near Preston, Lancashire.  I recall a few grainy pictures in Wheels and Tracks all those years ago.