Which club

winchman

There isn't exactly much choice in the way of clubs. Join the MVT, it's the biggest and gives the most benefits.

Thanks

They wont frown upon me as I am not a rivet counter will they?

My RL is going to be on an impossible budget so my not be strictly accurate as I have to use my friends Make Do & Mend to even buy it let alone fix it up.

Would it be wrong of me to fibre glass the door bottoms?

Thanks

They wont frown upon me as I am not a rivet counter will they?

My RL is going to be on an impossible budget so my not be strictly accurate as I have to use my friends Make Do & Mend to even buy it let alone fix it up.

Would it be wrong of me to fibre glass the door bottoms?

I think you will find most of the MVT are like minded individuals and they will welcome you whatever. They certainly beat many of the Classic Car Clubs I've belonged to :-D

I think you will find most of the MVT are like minded individuals and they will welcome you whatever. They certainly beat many of the Classic Car Clubs I've belonged to :-D

That's good then, I was once excommunicated from a local Land Rover club as I turned up to a pay and play day in a a Suzuki, never got stuck and

never invited again LOL

I do feel intimidated sometimes by some of the people who spend a small fortune on there vehicles

That's good then, I was once excommunicated from a local Land Rover club as I turned up to a pay and play day in a a Suzuki, never got stuck and

never invited again LOL

I do feel intimidated sometimes by some of the people who spend a small fortune on there vehicles

I'll bet they are still sticking pins in the wax doll. :-D

I'll bet they are still sticking pins in the wax doll. :-D

I have had a couple of classics and off roaders over the years and even a stationary engine and when I have been at shows I make a point of chatting to people who have what some people see as a lesser exhibit, as its important that all sorts is preserved as one day the common cheap stuff is going to be rare, they are often just as passionate but skint.

I must also add when I had my Suzuki off roader some of the other local off roading lads did a load of work for me for free as I couldn't afford to MOT it, its funny how help can come when you least expect it.

One lads boss even lent us his garage for two nights.

My 1940s Onan Generating set was once refused entry to a show as it was too new!

It may not be necessary to join a club; the insurance may be asking either because there's a space on the form or sometimes because they offer extra discount for club members.

Having said that, joining the right club can be a great help.

As for the RL, they're great fun vehicles. Don't feel intimidated, fibreglass the door bottoms if you need to, and just go out and enjoy it!

It may not be necessary to join a club; the insurance may be asking either because there's a space on the form or sometimes because they offer extra discount for club members.

Having said that, joining the right club can be a great help.

As for the RL, they're great fun vehicles. Don't feel intimidated, fibreglass the door bottoms if you need to, and just go out and enjoy it!

Thanks Sean.

Really looking forward to it as is our son and quite a few friends, one has even donated some of the gas gear and half a tank of gas which will be handy.

Been looking at storage and it looks like its outside at the moment, struggling to find a second hand sheet to cover it arnt they expensive!

Evening all. I'm always flattered when someone posts unsolicited kind words about Windscreen because I edit it so thanks Arcot.

Winchman - I can confirm that there are a couple local areas of the MVT in Merseyside and the NW.

Personally I wouldn't worry about having an RL - they're interesting trucks that aren't as common as they were - I'm a Merseysider too (although I don't live there full time these days) and happily drive about in my Mahindra CJs. I've had more sought after Jeeps over the years but have had one of the Mahindras for 25 years and love it. Only once has someone been rude about it... and I go to MV events in it.

Regards, John C