Por15

Bob Grundy

absolutely essential that you make sure that the final coat coves the whole tank, if you have a large tank you need a fair amount of the stuff and you need to move it about a great deal to make sure all areas are covered or it will eventually break up. I know because I bought a Riley with a half done tank, it is now breaking up and blocking all the fuel lines...I have removed it and am looking to have it done professionally...maybe have it galvanized instead.....

Good point on the coverage - and getting the tank clean to start with is important too.

Although you can get a decent cleaner it is a bit pricey so I use milkstone remover (available from your local agricultural merchant - they use it for cleaning milking equipment). I have also heard of folks strapping the tank to something like a cement mixer, putting a load of nuts and bolts (count them in and count them out) and spinning it about to knock off any loose bits inside before applying the liquid.

As long as you stick to the amounts recommended depending on the size of the tank and keep moving it about the coverage will be fine.