Hello -

Hi all

Sorry if I'm being a little bit of a fraud

I am a Scottish independent (as in self funded not fiercely Nationalistic) film maker and I am working on an action adventure series to be distributed via the internet. It is called 'The Duskwalker Chronicles' and various segments are set during WWII (it has to be said it is a very Warlord / Victor comic version of WWII).

I was browsing the internet to see if I could find any enthusiasts in Central Scotland that had military vehicles from this era that they wouldn't mind being on film. It is a self funded, out of my increasingly baggy pocket, but I would meet any expenses and of course give copies of any episodes that featured vehicles - and you'd get a full credit!

I do apologise for hijacking this forum with the request and I also apologise if this isn't in the correct area.

If anyone can help or wants to know more then I'd love to hear from you

Cheers

George

Hi George Welcome to the Jungle,

Sounds an interesting project

There are a few MV's in your neck of the woods that'd fit the bill

I'm in the Lake District so a bit far sooth but you'll no doubt find the MV's come out of the woodwork when a bit of fame is in the offing!!

How big are the trailers/dressing rooms :-D

Don't apologise for the Warlord / Victor thing as many of us no doubt were set along this path by their exploits in our formative years... i know i was

"Eat this Fritz"

"Aaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee"

ratatatatatatatatatatatatatatat!

Hehehehehe,...........Ahem, seem to remember them, as well, :whistle:

Wish I'd still got them,...seem to go for pretty good money, these days :dunno:

Hi George, I'm even further south, than Bodge,.......but as he so rightly states, I'm guessing you may well get some take up on your offer; :-D :-D

All the best,

Andy

I saw a book on the old Commando comics recently. It cost an arm and a leg and consisted of a dozen or so repeats of old comics. When I was a kid I used to collect them and the old War or Battle Picture Library comics. There was also the ridiculous American comic Sergeant Fury and His Howlin' Commandos which was utter nonsense, but good for a laugh. I've still got one or two of them in my house. I'm sure I also remember a set of American picture cards about the war which are now quite sought after that covered all the lovely attrociities committed by the Japs.