A question members in the Netherlands might be able to help me with

cordenj

Goedemorgen,

I am considering buying and importing into the UK a WWII truck from the Netherlands.

It is running and on the road.

I have seen its full Nederland registration document.

My question is: is there any current requirement for a seperate certificate of roadworthiness (or similar) in the Netherlands for vehicles this old?

Dank u wel,

John

Hi John,

other than a registration and valid insurance you don't need anything special to use it on the road, as long as it is roadworthy obviously (working lights, brakes etc.). Vehicles older than 1960 do not require an MOT in The Netherlands.

However, if the registration of the vehicle is transferred to you before it is at your place and you want to drive it home I think you will need to apply for a temporarily export registration and get insurance for that. You (or the seller) should be able to find more information abou this on http://www.rdw.nl/ (in Dutch, don't know if there is an English version).

Hope that helps a bit!

David

Hi John,

other than a registration and valid insurance you don't need anything special to use it on the road, as long as it is roadworthy obviously (working lights, brakes etc.). Vehicles older than 1960 do not require an MOT in The Netherlands.

However, if the registration of the vehicle is transferred to you before it is at your place and you want to drive it home I think you will need to apply for a temporarily export registration and get insurance for that. You (or the seller) should be able to find more information abou this on http://www.rdw.nl/ (in Dutch, don't know if there is an English version).

Hope that helps a bit!

David

Thanks David,

Same as the UK then with the pre-1960 exemption, but vehicle must be roadworthy.

John