Ferret Info

Skipv6797

Skip,

I would start by writing to the Bovington Tank Museum in Dorset UK. Stewart there was a great help in locating the military history of mine (01 DA 04). Most of these Ferrets history is recorded and is kept in record which they will provide for a small fee. Good luck in your search.

CaptMax

Michigan, USA

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Skipv6797,

My brother and I considered buying 06CC12 last year. I found a lot of info on the car. The former owner posted here under the name Andrew S. You should be able to find his threads. I have a number of photos of the car (mostly posted by Andrew S here and elsewhere on the net) and copies of the vehicle registration card in jpeg format. From the registration card, I can tell that it spent some time in Hong Kong, N. Ireland, and Germany with multiple visits to Central Vehicle Depot Ludgershall. The card also shows that it served with Para Sqn.; 16/5 Lancers; 15/19 Hussars; and BAOR among others. There was an article on the car in Hemmings Daily a few years back. IIRC, Andrew said in the article that the vehicle served in Borneo in 1964 w/ QRIH and supplied a photo which he said featured the car. However, I couldn't make out details from the registration card or photo to authenticate that. If you like, I'd be glad to share the images I have of the registration card.

Cheers,

James

The card also shows that it served with Para Sqn.; 16/5 Lancers; 15/19 Hussars; and BAOR among others.

I was 15/19H (as was Bazz, also a member here). RAC Para Sqn, 16/5L and 15/19H were all based at Aliwal Bks, Tidworth (then Hants, now Wilts) in the 1970s and we both spent 1976-7 there. It's a pretty safe bet that this vehicle was there at that time and handed over / taken over as units moved around the Arms Plot.

If you can post anything you have, Bazz or I may be able to pass comment.

But don't hold your breath. I don't get as much time to browse here as I used to.

;o)

Hi,

I am looking for information on two ferrets that I own. Here are the numbers 01EA43 and 06CC12. Any info about these two ferrets would be a great help.

Hi Skip,

Just seen the card for Ferret 01EA43 and an entry dated 1981, saying that it was on charge to Hunting Hi-volt Ltd in Sussex. I am sure it was being used to test fit the mountings for Ptarmigan communications as they had a selection of vehicles there inc Chieftain and FV432 at that time.

• 3 months later...

Hi Skip,

i was the former owner of 06CC12. Pm me your email and would be glad to share any info I have.

i did confirm directly with QRIH that 06cc12 served with them in Borneo. There are several photos from that tour that were published in the QRIH regimental magazine which I think I have a copy of somewhere. I also corresponded with one of the drivers from the same squadron.

cheers,

Andrew

Edited by Andrew S

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Skip,

i was the former owner of 06CC12. Pm me your email and would be glad to share any info I have.

i did confirm directly with QRIH that 06cc12 served with them in Borneo. There are several photos from that tour that were published in the QRIH regimental magazine which I think I have a copy of somewhere. I also corresponded with one of the drivers from the same squadron.

cheers,

Andrew

Very nice of you Andrew