Heywood Tanks Yesteryear Festival

John,

Does your CET have a call sign number painted on the side, i am hoping you can find 42B or 42C/D as the guy who drove in Iraq will (maybe, if he can get leave) be there next weekend, and he does have some stories about CET's in battle.

Callsign 1.jpg

Callsign 2.jpg

Ours is 42A and was one of the first into Iraq

Dale, I have had a serious set back, on Friday afternoon I suffered a detached retina in my right eye, this morning I had an emergency operation to repair it, still padded up so don't know the outcome yet, back to Manchester Royal Eye hospital in the morning. Not sure how I'll be for next weekend.

I only managed to get there on sunday and just on foot but that didn't stop me having a bash around the arena in andy's ferret and a quick spin in the sauer

I've decided to turn up and drive other peoples vehicles more often. (it's a lot cheaper) :)

I was on my way to catch up with you john but was side tracked into driving the sauer instead

rick

I only managed to get there on sunday and just on foot but that didn't stop me having a bash around the arena in andy's ferret and a quick spin in the sauer

I've decided to turn up and drive other peoples vehicles more often. (it's a lot cheaper) :)

I was on my way to catch up with you john but was side tracked into driving the sauer instead

rick

Don't blame you Rick, driving the Saurer beats talking to me anytime, it's a real nice vehicle to drive. Here's a top view Saurer Heywood 1.jpg

Many thanks for taking such excellent photo's, especially the second pic of the facine layer where I am driving it.

Is it possible i could get a copy of these photo's ?

send me your mail address with a list of the pictures you want and i will send them over

Dale, when it was in its previous ownership and I was involved in looking after it we used to call it "the roofrack Chieftain". Thats my shackle on the front holding the winch rope, we got sick of it swinging about when we ran it up and exercised it. Don't worry I'm not claiming it back !

• 1 year later...