Hi from Cupertino (or Apple land) California

siguy

My name is Chris and just join the forum from California. I grew up in Hong Kong and walked pass the Royal Hong Kong Regiment HQ everyday to school. I remember the Ferret scout cars and the Saracens that were always parked in front. Nothing was more exciting than the barrack open days when I can climb into one of them. Fast forward about 40 years and I am looking forward to locate and own a Ferret and learn to restore/maintain it. Looking forward to the knowledge I can learn from here.

Cheers.

welcome to the site. Buy a ferret first, a lot easier to work on. I ended up getting a Saracen first and then a Ferret. The Ferret is significantly less complicated. Also, the Saracen can be difficult to road register, given its width. I had lots of trouble in Australia, as the Saracen is 5cm too wide.

Regards, Tim

welcome to the site. Buy a ferret first, a lot easier to work on. I ended up getting a Saracen first and then a Ferret. The Ferret is significantly less complicated. Also, the Saracen can be difficult to road register, given its width. I had lots of trouble in Australia, as the Saracen is 5cm too wide.

Regards, Tim

Careful Tim, he's from the land of Apple. It might first be worth explaining that you can access the engine bay without voiding the warranty, and when it runs out of petrol you don't have to buy a new one. ;)

Welcome along Chris! You'll have loads of fun with a Ferret / Saracen, did you ever head up the road to the MVTF? Alas you've just missed the auction, but you may find some good MV contacts in the area if you drop them a line before they shut up shop, particularly as they used to have a Ferret and (I think) a Saracen there.