Hello from www.BSAbikes.co.uk

Hi to all fellow enthusiasts

Colin here from the BSA & Military Bicycle Museum.

I'm more interested in Boer War and WW1 bicycles than WW2.

During WW2 only a limited number of manufacturers made dedicated military bikes. So the earlier era is much more interesting from a research point of view.

I'm working to cover every cycle manufacturer's contribution to military cycling, and have completed quite a bit so far

http://bsamuseum.wordpress.com/ww1-military-bicycles-in-world-war-one-wwi/

but it's a never-ending task

1918-Royal-Enfield-Military-47_zps183ac700.jpg

• 3 months later...
Hi to all fellow enthusiasts

Colin here from the BSA & Military Bicycle Museum.

I'm more interested in Boer War and WW1 bicycles than WW2.

During WW2 only a limited number of manufacturers made dedicated military bikes. So the earlier era is much more interesting from a research point of view.

I'm working to cover every cycle manufacturer's contribution to military cycling, and have completed quite a bit so far

http://bsamuseum.wordpress.com/ww1-military-bicycles-in-world-war-one-wwi/

but it's a never-ending task

1918-Royal-Enfield-Military-47_zps183ac700.jpg

Wonderful work, and I visit your website often. I also restore these old machines and quite a few BSA Mk 1Vs, Mark Vs, and a few Mercurys have passed through my workshop in the past. I've managed to hang on to a couple, a Mark V and one 'mystery' BSA which has no Mark stamped on it, just an X above the frame number. It must have been a military bike in bygone days as it arrived with leather weapon straps and faded green paint.

Hi Colin ... interesting to see the BSA pages .... I've had BSA's for over 40 years now, but normally the type with engines, and even had one of the 3 wheeler cars for while!

It is fascinating how wide the reach of the BSA empire was at one time (and how little remains now) ... I think their early lessons of adapting to grow and survive got lost in their later days.

Couldn't quite work it out - are you just an online museum or can we come and see the collection somewhere?

All the best

Jeff

During WW2 only a limited number of manufacturers made dedicated military bikes.

Welcome on here, I regularly go back to your site to do some more reading on the subject of military bicycles.

Would you happen t have more information about the Hercules Cycle and Motor Company and if they made bicycles for British forces during WW2 (see link)?