Oh no! another Newbie

Hi all,

I have joined to get some advice from the people in the know.

Its been my ambition to run around in a Jeep for a while now, so thought Id try out the forums to mine some advice on how to progress.

Ive done lots of research and enjoyed reading the forums regarding GPWs Hotchkiss and Later than WW2 Willys.

Its quite likely I will be refreshing some old threads with new questions, as I have the scary prospect of not having much mechanical experience, and am therefore unsure of how to narrow my search for the right MV for me.

I can feel a lot of posts in the "I may be stupid, but..." section coming up :)

Actually all the people who post an introduction are newbies!

You just keep posting and then you will be an oldie. There is someone here to answer almost any question and there is certainly something that you know that others don't so welcome in.

David

Most of mechanical work is fairly easy if you have patience, can read a book and ask questions (I guess that's a patience thing also).

If you cannot weld, don't buy a rust bucket, so if a fridge magnet don't stick to rust trap areas be suspicious :-D

You actually did it right and introduced yourself first, welcome aboard, jeeps are fun, owned a few over the years, but have moved on to bigger things... Great first vehicles to learn to work on them yourself. plus tons of NOS and repro parts out there, so you don't have to beg, borrow and pray to the Rocking horse Sh** gods to find parts like some of us do now.:cool2: