Breakdown cover.

ace1

Question

Hi all.

Can someone please tell me what company will cover the larger trucks, like a scammell pioneer, in the south of England, I have just been in contact with Adrian Flux, but they only go up to 7.5 tons.

My pioneer weighs 10.2 tons.

Thanks in advance. Alan.

7 answers to this question

prieum choice aka roadsure do as my bedford is with them good recovery service as was on way to a&e the first time when alternator siezed and transported me from worthing where i broke down to dorchester site have stuck with them since

Thanks David.:-D

The reason for the enquire is, during a trip to the Bill Target rally a push rod broke, I was lucky that a good mate was at work and could make me a replacement, but if it had been more serious I would have been stuck.

Kind regards. Alan.

I have break down cover / recovery up to 7.5 tonnes through my insurance policy with Premium Choice, something like £66 per vehicle for the year, which is provided by Autohome.

Interesting though, when I called Autohome last year to see if I could get it cheaper by going direct to them and covering all my vehicles (goddess and the RL), they said 'no' and said that £90-odd was the normal charge and that the cheaper rate was a 'promotional rate' through the insurer. :-|

Also, having been insured in the past with Flux, when I got the goddess, they were adamant that their policies only covered up to 3.5 tonnes and that they could not be able to recover a vehicle that size.

Because of the service and price, all my 'classic' stuff is now with Premium Choice - the goddess, RL and Land Rover ambulance.

Cheers, Duncan.

Thanks to all for the information, but most will only provide recovery when you also have insurance with them.

I called Boarhunt garage who do heavy recovery, as they are quite near where most of my travels take me, they are quite reasonable, and the bonus is you only pay when you use them. This is the first time in 10 years I have had a problem, but still did not need to be recovered.:cheesy:

Kind Regards. Alan.