Renewing road tax !

Mk3iain

I have just renewed my tax on the Militant at the local post office for the next year and it was the easiest and quickest yet.

The gentleman did not want to see any documents or a form (I did not have the reminder with me) and just looked at the registration document and issued from that. Apparently they have been told not to inspect documents, just to issue the tax disc. He did say they do not yet have access to mot or insurance databases but will in the future.

I suppose with ANPR and the so called RAC Traffic Alert sensors there is no need to filter the applications as you are getting checked anyway, but it makes the process of renewal nice and simple. :-)

Iain

Edited by Mk3iain
adding, "post office"

I noticed this week that tax disc renewal notices once again have 'this vehicle needs an mot certificate' - they had started to remove this note from historic vehicle renewal notices but said it would take a while to complete the process.

I just did two online, so answered yes to 'mot certificate if required….' and the screen came back as 'mot database checked and approved', but I did wonder if Post Office staff might once again be asking to see the MOT exemption form V112G. It is after all only a check to see if you have made a self-declaration - the liability is still down to the owner so really makes no difference.

Last month I taxed one in my village Post Office but that has closed down because an unfavourable contract was being forced on them. A facility has now opened in the only other shop we have left. I went there to tax two vehicles a couple of days ago & they had not been sent any tax discs for this month. So did it online, which of course is what they want us to do. :(

I just changed my Sabre to historic tax at a local post office. Didn't get asked for anything other than the V5 and walked out with a tax disc.

Oh b**ger sent mine off to dvla four weeks ago with a lengthy essay of explanation and have still had nothing back!!!!