Saracen MK 5 Bracket

Starfire

Hi All,

There is a rather large bracket in the back of my Saracen that appears to hold some large ammo tins or something. Can anyone identify what kind of boxes it holds, and where I can get some?

WP_20140302_037.jpg

Cheers,

Terry

Terry this was an EMER issued in 1961 for the installation of C13/B47 + A40 in Saracen APC for use in an armoured car regiment.

The batteries were a pair of:

Batteries, secondary, lead acid, 12v, 75Ah Z9/6140-99-910-1537

App3976.jpg

That doesn't look very safe :P

If anyone has a pair of those boxes lying around I'd be interested in getting some though, they would be handy for some extra storage.

Cheers,

Terry

It's fairly safe, they're steel cased lead-acid batteries and are securely bolted down. It can't have been comfortable for anyone trying to use the seats behind them though - unless that was where the radios were fitted?

(The boxes are actually the battery casing, so the only way you'll find them is with the cells fitted or with the cells stripped out - probably converted to toolboxes.)

Chris.

That doesn't look very safe :P

If anyone has a pair of those boxes lying around I'd be interested in getting some though, they would be handy for some extra storage.

Cheers,

Terry

Check out e bay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141224735791&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160

Awesome,

Unfortunately, they don't ship to Australia and they only have one of them. I'll keep looking, now that I know what I'm after - one of the guys in my car club collects military radio gear and might have some kicking around.

Cheers,

Terry