Tracked Vehicle Instruction on a diesel Spartan

After spending most of the day with Mr Terry Brooks yesterday undertaking driving instruction and passing the tracked vehicle test 1st time I am pleased to say that I can highly recommend Terry for anyone who wishes to learn to drive a CVRT or other armoured vehicle.

I also learnt that in his opinion diesel Spartans, which I learnt on, are noisy, unresponsive and use more fuel than a petrol version besides which diesel costs more. Terry said that in future he will be reverting to petrol. He also said of course they are heavier.

Diana

After spending most of the day with Mr Terry Brooks yesterday undertaking driving instruction and passing the tracked vehicle test 1st time I am pleased to say that I can highly recommend Terry for anyone who wishes to learn to drive a CVRT or other armoured vehicle.

I also learnt that in his opinion diesel Spartans, which I learnt on, are noisy, unresponsive and use more fuel than a petrol version besides which diesel costs more. Terry said that in future he will be reverting to petrol. He also said of course they are heavier.

Diana

How much did the package cost test and instruction

Congrats

Diana

Tell Mr.Brooks to have a Ferret driving class in the USA...................

Hi Robin,

It was Brtish and a Cummins diesel and yes Ferret and Spartan

Diana

Dear Diana,

two questions following your post.

Q1. What diesel Spartan did he have for you to use? ie which user armed forces was it from?

Q2 Will you soon be adding to your Ferret a track laying vehicle then?

And yes, I know Terry.

R

I suppose one issue with the Cummins in a CVRT is with such short gear ratios the turbo probably doesn't get time to spool up? I've driven a lot of different (wheeled) vehicles fitted with Cummins B series engines and they are a good engine but lack torque at the low end so need the turbo spooled up in heavy and armoured vehicles.