Is this a Welbike or Corgi?

MatchFuzee

They had a Brockhouse Corgi in the studio but later in the show they used reproduction Welbikes from Welbike UK (very good repros, can hardly tell the difference). The Welbike is basically far simpler than the corgis which were quite a bit larger and more practical for civilian use.

Two of the Welbikes were replicas , the one on the stand which Dennis (old comrade of my Dads) was sat on is my 1942 Mk1 Series 2 . We had a really good day out ,wined and dined for the day by the BBC and paid too:D .

To say we were there all day they certainly edited it , but some of the things which were funny I would have left in .

My mistake :D, I was quite impressed with the coverage. A lot of effort for 10mins or so. Any idea where they got the original footage from?

EDIT: Oops looks like what I was replying to was removed.

Edited by MHillyard

They had a Brockhouse Corgi in the studio but later in the show they used reproduction Welbikes from Welbike UK (very good repros, can hardly tell the difference). The Welbike is basically far simpler than the corgis which were quite a bit larger and more practical for civilian use.

Two of the Welbikes were replicas , the one on the stand which Dennis (old comrade of my Dads) was sat on is my 1942 Mk1 Series 2 . We had a really good day out ,wined and dined for the day by the BBC and paid too:D .

To say we were there all day they certainly edited it , but some of the things which were funny I would have left in .

Riccis file 004.jpg

12_47406.JPG

Mk1 Series2.jpg

My mistake :D, I was quite impressed with the coverage. A lot of effort for 10mins or so. Any idea where they got the original footage from?

EDIT: Oops looks like what I was replying to was removed.

? removed :shocked: It all came about when MCN contacted me as they had heard of me owning a Welbike , as the conversation went it got around to me mentioning Dennis and they did an article on him that will have been over a year ago . Then BBC contacted me not long after and said they would like to do a piece on Dennis and the Welbike so that's how it all came about .

Nick actually rode my Welbike , but they decided to use the Replicas as they didn't want to break mine :rotfl:. They took a load of footage(stills) of mine which they didn't use .

Dominic the lad that organises all the locations etc is sending me a DVD , hopefully the uncut full version of the day , the BBC unit was from Northern Ireland . I'll ask Dominic where they got the footage from .

Dave