New Wolf Owner

LL25AA

Hi all,

Dipped my first toe into military vehicle ownership late last year, I have a Land Rover Wolf 90 soft top, which from the Merlin report appears to have led a very sheltered life with the REME, a UK based NATO unit, and finally an Intelligence TA unit, so its in pretty good nick.

At the moment I'm still working on a bunch of very minor fixes (like replacing the broken fire extinguisher bracket) then it's a toss up between keeping it totally original, or making some minor additions/changes so it's a bit more practical for some longer trips in the future. Whatever happens, I won't be changing anything I can't put back in a day or two, but the justification to the missus included that we would actually use it!!!

Looking forward to lots of advice. Think I'm going to need it!!!

Shan

Shan the only mods I did to mine was to remove the gun rack as I have no interest in guns & to remove the FFR "Dexion" racking. That meant I could climb from the cab to the rear, very handy when its raining. When I sold it I just put it back again.

A worthwhile mod was to fit a fluorescent penthouse light to the roll bar front & rear. You cannot use the clamps provided that are designed to fit the poles on tentage even if you file them they will not clamp properly. What I did was to use a U shaped exhaust clamp & fit one at each end of the penthouse light.

Had mine for a year now and love it to bits! I haven't modded it at all apart from a cb that is loose in the cab! The only mod I would do is change the tyres to the michelin ones! I was lucky with mine as it came with a brand new engine from landrover and had only done1000 miles since fitting. Nice that it was new and not a recon.