FV433 Vickers Abbot SPG Tank 03DA30... Self Propelled Gun.- Best Bits

PDonovan

Best vehicle I ever owned... Best video clips from purchase... in early 1993.. from Jacksons of Doncaster... to its departure in 1995.

Video from Doncaster, Hartlebury,Evesham,Bromsgrove and Kidderminster. Mainly me driving but also good friend Simon Blackburn.

Something went wrong...

Like the Abbot but can`t think why you have not got somebody in the commanders hatch on the intercom. It is impossible to see what is behind or even to the side of a vehicle such as this. Surprised that the fuzz did not give you a pull.:shocked:

I agree.Naughty,naughty always have a commander with intercom when on the road.If you hit something the Commander is always the guy who takes the rap.The same with a banksman who guiding you.Oh,and it's not a tank.Now Chieftain like used to drive for a living....is a tank.:cool2:

I agree.Naughty,naughty always have a commander with intercom when on the road.If you hit something the Commander is always the guy who takes the rap.The same with a banksman who guiding you.Oh,and it's not a tank.Now Chieftain like used to drive for a living....is a tank.:cool2:

Not in civvy life its the driver that takes the rap the commander might also considered culpable as well in an accident.

It makes good sense to have a commander up top watching for the behaviour of other drivers

Indeed....

As far as the comments regarding the drivers view.... its no different to driving a large van. However I did have another person in the turret whenever possible. In the three years I owned it the police never took any interest !!

well whoever shot/edited that vid did a bloody good job best vid of a tank! i seen for ages on the forum thought u were gonna loose some roof tiles at one point :cool2:

Hi... Thanks for that. One things for sure... I do have a very understanding wife !!!