AEC 6x6 'Matador' contract cards

Ian43

Hello All, Being a fan of the AEC 0854 model, also known as the six wheeled 'Matador' I have been trying to find out if the contract cards for these vehicles still exist and if so who has them. I have tried the RAF Museum, RLC Museum, The Tank Museum and the British Commercial Vehicle Museum but no luck so far. Does anyone out there have any other ideas about where they may be located? If the cards no longer exist is there another way to trace chassis numbers to find out what they were originally built as? e.g.Coles Crane, Fuel Bowser etc. Ian.

If the cards no longer exist is there another way to trace chassis numbers to find out what they were originally built as? e.g.Coles Crane, Fuel Bowser etc.

Hi Ian,

I would suggest locating parts books for the 6x6, the army books normally list contract numbers and sometimes chassis numbers, which should narrow your search down.

regards, Richard

OR it may be you are after some thing like this contract number S6501 CHASSIS NUMBERS 0854587 TO 0854640

RAF REFUELLERS OR chassis numbers 0854781 to 0854850 RAF COLES CRANE date of delivery 10/43 to1/44

regards wally

Hello Wally, Yes that's what I am really looking for as I want to obtain a broad reference as opposed to an individual vehicle. Is this information that you could supply me with? Ian.

Edited by Ian43