Are these any use to anyone.... Spot the item, a new and exciting game.....

yoz1881

Question

Hello so I posted some images in the 'spare bulbs tins' thread and it would appear there may be a few items of interest to people and I'm on mission to empty the sheds and find the parts the right home. A couple of bulb tins and tool boxes have gone and some interest in sockets on previous post which i will measure and answer. I'll repost the original photos and plenty more to come. Regards Andy

DSC_0588.JPG

DSC_0587.JPG

DSC_0586.JPG

DSC_0585.JPG

DSC_0584.JPG

DSC_0582.JPG

DSC_0581.JPG

DSC_0580.JPG

DSC_0579.JPG

DSC_0578.JPG

DSC_0577.JPG

1.JPG

DSC_0589.JPG

DSC_0582.JPG

DSC_0581.JPG

DSC_0580.JPG

DSC_0579.JPG

DSC_0578.JPG

DSC_0577.JPG

DSC_0583.JPG

• Answers 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

has that round upright cylinder got a brass plate on it? got me intrigued what it is

It might be a fuel tank for a Lister stationary engine. There was a level indicator comprising a chain and weight attached to a float inside running around a pulley at the top of the tank.

But then again it might not be!

Hello Yoz,

Would really like two of the bulb tins please, how much do you want for them.

Im trying to make up the tool kit for my bedford, it looks like you have most of what i need, where abouts in the country are you? I'd like to come and have a look through your stuff if possible?

Best wishes

John

Edited by rippo

Any chance of having one of those single ended rat-tailed tapered handle spanners please? I need one for my Anderson Shelter restoration project. One of those came with the Anderson Shelter kit the rat tailed end was used to align the holes in the overlapping corrugated iron sheets before inserting the bolts which held them together.If OK pleases PM me with price and postage to Wiltshire.:nut:

Hi john, not sure if you mailed me I have 2 full tins left which you have next on. The deal is you offer me a fair price, i don't haggle, i remember ;) . I don't make money from this, I've been gifted some items instead to restore, pass on etc. The money goes to legal owner less my diesel costs for moving it. The legal owner doesn't need your money, he/she then will give that money away in direct charity or whatever? - once I give them the money I have no idea. My interest lies in finding the right home for things and to meet, to learn and enjoy finding little treasures. I've put 2 tins to one side, PM me an offer (I ebay a lot, so i'm not completely immune to pricing but the owner likes 'direct', no fees, no agents etc which is what this is), but when people say its for bedford etc etc, then I know they are like me. Regards Andy

Hello Yoz,

Would really like two of the bulb tins please, how much do you want for them.

Im trying to make up the tool kit for my bedford, it looks like you have most of what i need, where abouts in the country are you? I'd like to come and have a look through your stuff if possible?

Best wishes

John

Lol, I thought they were water tanks for stationary s originally but definately diesels and I would think Lister but still not sure ( I have 12 Listers I should know) hence i think military. To long a runtime for farm or work. The other member was right about float indicator. They are nice tanks. Please see attached.

has that round upright cylinder got a brass plate on it? got me intrigued what it is

DSC_0589.JPG

DSC_0588.JPG

Yes no problem, one is has stamp but can't see it well enough. I would postage on a spanner would be a 1-1.50 max. Pm me your offer for either or both or pick one and I will contact you. Regards Andy

Any chance of having one of those single ended rat-tailed tapered handle spanners please? I need one for my Anderson Shelter restoration project. One of those came with the Anderson Shelter kit the rat tailed end was used to align the holes in the overlapping corrugated iron sheets before inserting the bolts which held them together.If OK pleases PM me with price and postage to Wiltshire.:nut:

DSC_0581.JPG

Maurice , I only have the tin with bulbs and fuses and the square empty W>D tins left. Your more than welcome to them. If anyone who has secured one already doesn't transact then you can have theirs. I have the 3 toolboxes for now, one has gone and I was going to gift the rear one which has broken hinge to them if they wanted it as they helped identify. That leaves the other which is good (rusty but solid :). PM me your offer.

Hi , I am also interested in a 3 canadian bulb tins for my CMP`s and 2 for my British vehicles , a Canadian toolbox is also always welcome .

Maurice

So in the box of rusty shims on the opening pics, at the bottom stuffed under everything were these. I love a surprise. Conform to pre WW1 diy design with tin lenses, great soft leather and early glass (you can see the carbon on the float with a magnifying glass. They are currently being assessed by the RAF Cosford Museum Team. Early ones didn't have fur due to low flying biplanes etc but these could also be motorbike or early vehicle glasses nice.... :nut:

DSC_0576.JPG

DSC_0575.JPG

Ok someone exchanged the a full bulb tin for the part empty bulbs and fuses box. John emails me saying you know each and can dib up between which is fine by me. No hurry, i'm not taking any more on tins until those who have requested have paid etc and them you and john can have firsts on any defaults and what left. If i find any more ( they seem popular :) ) i'll repost any new finds and go from this point. Hope thats ok Regards Andy.

Maurice , I only have the tin with bulbs and fuses and the square empty W>D tins left. Your more than welcome to them. If anyone who has secured one already doesn't transact then you can have theirs. I have the 3 toolboxes for now, one has gone and I was going to gift the rear one which has broken hinge to them if they wanted it as they helped identify. That leaves the other which is good (rusty but solid :). PM me your offer.

Ok on the blanket next to the hammer and 2x adjustable bottom right hand corner ish is a screwdriver or looks to be a screwdriver. I have this one and when I picked it up I thought unusual, its the best hand fitting going - lovely tool - wood handle (I'm into vintage wood but don't take it the wrong way) riveted with steel core blade. Is it? - excuse my fingernails... i've been on the WD40 all day :)

Great, thanks andy. Here's a picture of the tool kit i'm trying to make up, anything really in the picture, 1940 dated would suit the year of the truck. :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82221[/ATTACH]

DSC_0624.JPG

DSC_0623.JPG

Lucas light about 7 inch, trouble is for a time these were fitted to just about everything - long shot..... I have butlers lamps as well but they look tractor to me. Also a lucas for an austin 7 but matt black paint and thats not the bracket for a seven....???

DSC_0615.JPG

DSC_0611.JPG