Bc611 batteries

Does anyone know of a source for batteries for the BC611 Handie Talkie. These are the long 'stick' ones which operate at 108 volts. I've tried building some out of 12 PP3 9 volt Batts in a stck but no dice. I've heard that there is someone in West Coast USA producing an adaptor but can't find a link. Any Help out there

There is a link on Brooke's site (http://www.prc.68.com) if you look carefully - the adapters for the HT battery replacement are made by Pietro Noto in Italy (e-bay ID inverter45 although nothing listed currently).

There are few dummy D-cell batteries that could be used in series with a normal D-Cell to make the filament/heater battery replacement, but the combination of a dummy AA cell (readily available) and a D to AA adapter e.g. e-bay items 180952107358 and 360516055221 - I don't think I have ever bought from either seller so these are examples not recommendations, although I did something similar to use dry batteries in a PRC350 C-size battery cassette and get 12V out for ordinary ham radio gear.

Regards

Iain

There is a link on Brooke's site (www.prc.68.com) if you look carefully - the adapters for the HT battery replacement are made by Pietro Noto in Italy (e-bay ID inverter45 although nothing listed currently).

There are few dummy D-cell batteries that could be used in series with a normal D-Cell to make the filament/heater battery replacement, but the combination of a dummy AA cell (readily available) and a D to AA adapter e.g. e-bay items 180952107358 and 360516055221 - I don't think I have ever bought from either seller so these are examples not recommendations, although I did something similar to use dry batteries in a PRC350 C-size battery cassette and get 12V out for ordinary ham radio gear.

Regards

Iain

Thanks Ian, T

hat's useful. I have an adaptor which takes two 'D' cells which runs the heater circuits but it's the large ones I can't duplicate. I'll have a look at Piero's site to see if he can produce some for me.