Paint - Nato Light stone. Can you help?

paul connor

Question

I recently bought 5L of what was advertised as Light stone, but when applied (It was mixed very well) it looks far too yellow

compared to the original paintwork on my Snatch Landrover.

I can't really return the paint in question, so I was curious what colour I should mix into the paint to get it closer to the original finish which is much more orange. I would assume red, but can anyone confirm as i'm sure someone has undertaken this before.

It's bugging me a touch, as I don't want to waste the paint!

IMAG2027_zpsfc3cac8d.jpg

Left hand side shows the original paint which is more orange.

The section of door handle and the pillar in the centre is the new paint which I think is too yellow.

The right of the photo shows the barracuda camouflage cover, which is also very orange.

Ideas?

Cheers Paul

5 answers to this question

Your paint does look like Light Stone to me Paul, but I don't think the original was Light Stone anyway, more like Camouflage Desert Sand BSC381C 380.

See Ted's pictures on the end of this thread.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?40229-Salisbury-Plain-Camouflage-Scheme&p=381536#post381536

PS If you don't want to waste your Light Stone, I've found a touch of red oxide would beige it up a bit.

Thank you both for the help.

Redneck - It was bought from a local surplus shop, I won't name them :)

Clive - You may well be right on the paint code. I shall try adding some red into the mix to see if I can tone it down a touch and add that orange shade. At the minute it would stand out quite a bit next to other vehicles as it does look yellow!

Do you happen to know the correct engine shade for military engines, I think it's called duck egg/shell ?