Hello from a Land Rover nut with experience of other vehicles.

Hello to you all

My name is Richard Hill but 90 per cent of my freinds think its Dick!

I started with LRs in 1964 and they seem to have followed me all my life.

Having worked in various Birmingham car factories I moved on to ball and roller bearings and after 20 years of that took the chance to start my own LR repair service in Wensleydale. Probably the best 18 years of my life until foot and mouth disease shut all my customers down for 3 years! I moved to Italy but had to find new work, the chance of being a mechanic for the US Army in Europe came up and I took it. We had six month contracts and then a phone call on a Friday would say your contract is ended but you can start again on Monday if you move to xxxxx. I took all the moves and spent 8 years touring mainly Germany but also Holland and Italy. After one such move I ended in hospital after falling on ice, the good news I had only broken my pelvis in two places, the bad news I had a brain tumour the size of a lemon! Luckily the German Health Service took care of it and I was back at work in 3 months. My favourite vehicles were the HEMMTTs, but I still think LRs are far superior to Humvees. I am now retired but my neighbour has a LR so I dont get many days off.

I am looking forward to reading the posts on the Scammells and Albions I remember from the 50s/60s, but will be happy to give advice on LRs but I am too young to have worked on Series1s.

Hope to be around for a while.

Dick