External Framed Bergen Hip Belts

Will16

Hello there,

I've been given a very good condition clansman framed Sas/Para bergen for my Falklands reenactment by a FLGT SGT at my cadet squadron, and have brought these to mate together for general use-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/british-army-rucksack-SAS-Para-Bergan-/171077622406?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=HVa05fEkoZ5so2DycKugoPGJtVk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arctic-Bergen-Frame-/300933980081?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=HVa05fEkoZ5so2DycKugoPGJtVk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

As the bergens have not hip/waist belt, I'm wanting to know if there was a homemade type waist/hip belt that squaddies made for the bergens in the 80s. I was thinking something like a roll pin strap?

Many thanks,

Will

There were no hip/waist straps/belts on these. The idea was if you had to you just yanked on the QR shoulder tabs and dropped it. Sigs bods used to carry the 320's inside the bergen with one battery. The rest of the batteries and the charger would be shared amongst rest of the patrol.

Nice frame.

Are you going for a Royal Marines look?

Thanks! I'm going as a Corporal from 2 Para. I'm looking for a Sterling now to complete my kit! The cut down Marine bergen frame will be used for camping, etc, and the nice bergen will be reenacting.