1917 packard truck

jason1968

Hi guys just a picture I came across on ebay which I bought and it arrived today there's a few Packard and I think an fwd the pic was taken in France late 1917.. just thought you'd like to see it even though it's quite faded. Still waiting for my packard to arrive its still .nr Lincoln just waiting for a backload to match up but should be this week hopefully. Donal

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Packard arrived here at last.. phew . It was a bit of an ordeal unloading.. using a jcb and straps around the bucket.. glad the health and safety dept wasn't about they would have had a fit !!. This is the first time I've seen it in the flesh and I'm happy with it.. one surprise is the front wheel rims were with it plus a few other bits that I wasn't aware of which is a big plus. My suspicion that the gear box was missing was confirmed .. if any one has one hiding in a shed let me know !?? . The exhaust system is complete and in good condition. All in all its a good starting point. The chassis plate is missing but I was told the number is the same as on front timing cover on engine this is ec 1496a . The neighbours were of course thrilled to see this apparatus being dropped opposite their house !!. Any way pics will be posted over next 24hrs. Cheers for now . Donal

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Dave lockard sent me a chart and handbook. It seems to point that way. I found some numbers on some of the castings 14 04 22 which I assume are date stamps. I also believe it's a civvy model as the remaining paint in chassis and other parts is bright yellow! . Good news re rear wheels which were locked solid all I had to do was slacken off the brake adjusted and clean between the shoes and drum using my wife's icing spatula and cheese knife to clear the congeled grease which was also bonding it . Wife wants new utensils !!. Tracked down correct radiator near Manchester so a trip over is coming up...end Oct.