FV432 / Wombat info anyone ?

RecyMech

Evening all....

Bit of a long shot here, but its a plea for ANY information on the FV432 - Wombat mounting kit.

Has anyone here seen one, served on one, got any paperwork, manuals, drawings, photographs of exactly what is involved in the conversion package ??? PLEASE. Happy to cover any costs of copies involved.:D

Tried School of Inf Warminster, very helpful on the weapon itself but they had nothing on 432 mounting.

I've read brief descriptions about ramps, a winch, & ammo stowage. I have a couple of external pics lifted from t'interweb but nothing that gives any concrete info on exactly how it was hauled up through the mortar hatch, secured in position in action, & stowed away out of action.

All comments & replies welcome on here, or by PM, or can be e mailed direct to Howard @ KFS

kfs1@btinternetcom

Many thanks all.

Howard.

It's in one of the supplements at the back of the FV432 User Manual, I think.

Andy

That's what I was thinking, Andy! I'm sure all the info you need is in there. Try Vintage MV Manuals - they're the best for copies of manuals

"It's in one of the supplements at the back of the FV432 User Manual, I think".

I was hoping it might be....but its not in any of the manuals that I've downloaded already. Would you have a link possibly to a pdf that might cover it ?

Failing that I'll give VVM a try.

Cheers lads I knew someone would come up with a solution.

Regards..........Howard @ KFS

Just a quick one. A public thankyou to andym, who despite not being at home base, went out of his way to send me copies of the Wombat Role supplement I was after.:thanx:

Also to Clive (fv1609) for pointing me in the right direction regarding EMERS for it should the supplement not have what I was after.:bow:

As it happens Dougy on FV432.co.uk beat Andy to it by a few hours with the supplement.:banana:

Which all goes to prove that there are a lot of helpful people on this forum & its rare not to get a good response to a question or plea for info.

Genuine thanks all round.

Howard @ KFS

Also to Clive (fv1609) for pointing me in the right direction regarding EMERS for it should the supplement not have what I was after.:bow:

If you need a copy of an EMER, give me the reference number and I'll see what I can do.

Many thanks Robert. Clive also gave me your contact so you were my next fall back anyway :D:D

Hopefully I'll be able to deduce what I need from the supplement (piccy worth a thousand words & all that) but if I get stumped......

Say hello to Brian Baxter for me.

Regards......Howard @ KFS