Documentation for purchasing show plates

some years ago I got some military style show plates for my Land Rover. Never got asked for any documentation as I had no intention of using them on the public road, I am more then happy with the vehicles civvy reg. I only put the military plates (NNLLNN) on at shows. I now have another military truck so I phoned a place called framptons, and they insist I must have documentation proving that I can use that reg! I am now no longer hopeful I can get show plates made in time for WAP. I worry not having military plates on will affect judges looking at my truck too. :embarrassed: I can understand getting civvy plates would need documentation. But how on earth am I supposed to prove that my truck is entitled to that military reg plate? That's what they said, I need to prove with documentation my truck is entitled to that reg. Anyone please know of a reputable place I can get military reg show plates?

Edited by camrhee
spelling

There is usually a guy at W & P who will make up plates pretty much while you wait - I have had a couple of sets done and have not been asked for any documentation. Look out for a yellow trailer type stall.

Mike.