How back a "turning back time" picture forum

Locolines

Tony Francis wreck 1957.jpgThese have aged, litterally, they were taken 58 years ago when I was in Germany. The three in the photograph (me on the right) was taken at the foot of the Monnhe Dam. The two wrecked trucks are the handy work of two of my friends (I still meet with them now, all these years on) The Leyland Hippo is myself just loaded some scrapped items for disposal. The horse riding, me on the right, out with a German group, the man drinking schnapps was our Adjutant........... great times.

Mohnne Damm 1956.jpg

Pete Cooper.jpg

Ray Germany 1958.jpg

Guardroom Hamm.jpg

Horse riding in Germany 1957.jpg

Pete Cooper`s  wreck 1958.jpg

Sorry mate, no-one is going to be convinced by a poxy Dodge in British markings!:D

WELL! I hope your Goldfish dies! And you can't sell the bowl! >:( That Chateau (Posh word ,see) is amazing . It was built back in about 1500 and dot. You could just as easily have Sharpe and his riflemen in there! :D If your in the area of Tilly Sur Selle, just at the entrance to the farm lane is the smallest CWGC cemetry in Normandy. The Chateau was a casualty clearing station in the battle for the crossroads in the villiage. When the war graves commision came to exume the bodies to take to Bayeaux, the locals kicked off, claiming as then men had come to fight for the villiage, had died for the villiage and been buried by the villiage. They belonged to the villiage and it was the Villiages resposobility to care for them. Also the place makes the finest Calvados in Normandy! As for Ray's pictures. I'm jealous! What a place to go hacking!

That's a very nice picture, L Lines! Care to share the method you used?

Wouldn't it be great if you could get a pair of 'retro' glasses which transformed everything you saw into that same style :-D

This was taken on my iPhone and weathered or aged using a simple free app.! I just layer the ageing on until I think it looks right.

i only do it for the fun of it.:cheesy:

WELL! I hope your Goldfish dies! And you can't sell the bowl! >:( That Chateau (Posh word ,see) is amazing . It was built back in about 1500 and dot. You could just as easily have Sharpe and his riflemen in there! :D If your in the area of Tilly Sur Selle, just at the entrance to the farm lane is the smallest CWGC cemetry in Normandy. The Chateau was a casualty clearing station in the battle for the crossroads in the villiage. When the war graves commision came to exume the bodies to take to Bayeaux, the locals kicked off, claiming as then men had come to fight for the villiage, had died for the villiage and been buried by the villiage. They belonged to the villiage and it was the Villiages resposobility to care for them. Also the place makes the finest Calvados in Normandy! As for Ray's pictures. I'm jealous! What a place to go hacking!

Yes.. Mmm.. OK the location is genuine, never doubted that part.

Not wanting to digress from a potentially entertaining thread but what has all that to do with a Dodge masquerading as a British vehicle in Europe? Point being it is a dead give away that it cannot be genuine.

Don't mind Dodges, had one myself, but some things they ain't! - spoil the effect. :D

P.S. goldfish very healthy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79414[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]79415[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]79416[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]79417[/ATTACH]The second photograph with the four RAF guys was taken 1944 / 45 North Africa, the guy third from left was my Uncle Jack, my younger sister and myself had lost our parents by the time that he returned home, he took on the role of "Father" to my sister and myself, at first he was a hard task master. I suppose that that was a direct result of what he had endured in North Africa. However I learned to love and respect the man, he has gone now, and I do miss him. The first photograph is of the "Graveyard". Thats where people going on demob would plant a "Grave Stone". Some would be expressing the sheer joy of their return to civillian life, while others would be rather funny, we all looked forward to planting our own one day, but strangely, I lost the desire to do so when the time arrived. I knew that I was going to miss all of my buddies, so it kind of put a damper on that idea. The third photograph illustrates the "Windmill" Cafe that was situated on the autobahn, and we all frequented the place regularly when out on the autobahn. The final photograph shows us on exer

Yes.. Mmm.. OK the location is genuine, never doubted that part.

Not wanting to digress from a potentially entertaining thread but what has all that to do with a Dodge masquerading as a British vehicle in Europe? Point being it is a dead give away that it cannot be genuine.

Don't mind Dodges, had one myself, but some things they ain't! - spoil the effect. :D

P.S. goldfish very healthy.

Dodges were used by British forces. Mostly in Far East but also Europe.