Seeking ex-Budeswehr SPz Kurz Hotchkiss light tank

Arik

Greetings all! While I really enjoy my CVRT's- a Spartan and Scorpion- I would really like to find an SPz. One was listed on Milweb a few years back in the UK. Would love to track it down. Oh, a nice pun. Any help appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Alan

You had better email me, I think I have located one for you that is

for sale!

Regards

Doug

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Armoured Vehicles Collector

_______

_/_(_o_)_\_ ____

_/|___|_|___|\_ /____\

/ [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_

/\_ [o] [o] _/\ Broken Hill __/=_|____|_=\__

|w||___________||w| N.S.W. /__\__________/__\

|w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|

|w| \_________/ |w| |w|$ \______/ $|w|

[w] [w] [w] [w]

M8 Ferret

dgrev@iinet.net.au

Web Armour site at:

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/lsm/dhmg/index.html (UK mirror site)

and

http://www.trackpads.net/sites/heavymetal/ (US mirror site)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

You'll be extremely lucky to find one now! They built some 1,600 of them in various versions between 1958-1967.The last versions in use were radar carriers (SPz91-2) , artillery OPs (SPz22-2) and ambulances (SPz2-2). The radar versions (70 examples equipped with AN/TPS33a) were removed from service in 1987. Of the 350 ambulances built, only 1 is in private hands (in Bavaria), and 2 retained by the Bundeswehr (1 in the Panzermuseum, Münster)

According to a colleague of mine, who drove the ambulance version, they were noisy, horrible to drive and pigs to maintain.

woland

They are a museum, so probably they won't sell.

maybe, but considering they have a vehicles and parts (for sale) section with prices tend to make me think it is a convenience museum, rightly or wrongly there are a number of organisations that have been constitued as museums to make obtaining ex military stuff easier.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there Niels, did you get any photos of the inside of the Hotchkiss you photographed in Sweden.

I have a Beobachtung panzer spz22-2 the same as this that I am restoring .

regards Razor

Thanks for the photo Niels, I have recently installed a SEM25 transmitter , and a EM25 reciever , and some agat box,s but am keen to see what else goes in the vehicle and where.

Greetings all! While I really enjoy my CVRT's- a Spartan and Scorpion- I would really like to find an SPz. One was listed on Milweb a few years back in the UK. Would love to track it down. Oh, a nice pun. Any help appreciated.

Cannot say for certain. But, I belive B&E Boyes had one. I have not heard favourable comments about them as they are primarily house builders rather than Armour enthusiasts!

However, it might be worth a phonecall?

I have NO conection to these people whatsoever.

Mike

Guest Razor

Hi Niels. thanks asking your friend, mainly after photo,s of what radio equipment was in this vehicle and where it was positioned.

will post photo,s of my Hotchkiss soon as I figure how.

Cheers Razor