Jump to content
  • 0

Buying a vehicle that has no disposal forms..

paul connor


I'm due to buy a Snatch Land Rover but the owner cannot find the disposal forms. This would mean I only really have his word and to register the vehicle I would have to go via the DSA MOD to get a new form for the vehicles age.

I undertand they would supply a new date into service form and I could use this with the DVLA to get an ager related plate.


Has anyone had to go through this process? Is this form different to the one Withams would have issued with sale?


I'm dubious as I only have the current owners 'word' and it could turn out that it was not his, stolen, etc? as there is no V5 at this stage as it is unregistered.


It is through Ebay and I do have the sellers address, paypal, mobile number and email.


What do you all think??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...