British military electrical connectors

Anybody got any idea how you re-wire the original push fit electrical connectors. I have acquired a few tinned copper connectors & the bulbous rubber bit that pushes over the end after soldering on the wire. But there is no way on this earth that I can do this by hand. I guess there is a special pair of pliers or similar, but where to get one from?

Slide the rubber boot over the wire, solder the connector, apply servisol silicon grease (maplin) to the rubber boot and the wire connector and slide on the rubber boot.

If the rubber boot is old it may well have gone hard, which may make it difficult. New Connectors generally fit together easily.

Also useful to pack silicon grease into the female connector, this will inhibit corrosion. Do not use petroleum jelly as its "petroleum" based and will damage the rubber

Diana

Anybody got any idea how you re-wire the original push fit electrical connectors. I have acquired a few tinned copper connectors & the bulbous rubber bit that pushes over the end after soldering on the wire. But there is no way on this earth that I can do this by hand. I guess there is a special pair of pliers or similar, but where to get one from?