British Army No 3 Cooker Manual

BIGREDONE

Question

12 answers to this question

This would be the two burner petrol cooker the size of a suitcase?

I use one regularly, I don't have a manual specifically on the cooker, but there is a chapter on it in the field cookery manual I have. I'm willing to scan it if the other avenue doesn't check out.

This would be the two burner petrol cooker the size of a suitcase?

I use one regularly, I don't have a manual specifically on the cooker, but there is a chapter on it in the field cookery manual I have. I'm willing to scan it if the other avenue doesn't check out.

Yes thats the one.

I picked one up at the Overlord show and it seems to work fine however I would like to strip it and give it a good service.

I noticed on the bottom of one of the burners where it joins the fuel line there is a washer and but the other burner there is not?

Also why the rear flap (door) that the funnel attaches to?? does it serve a purpose.

Cheers

Paul

I have a No.3 the controls are the same as the No.2 manual if you can find one.

Washers some have them fitted some do not, it all depends if they leak from the bottom off the burner where the two jointing surfaces meet. The biggest issue tends to be old petrol sat in the tank for long periods which blocks up the hole in the tank to the feed in the burner.

Most of the service parts can be bought either off ebay or you can have a look at this forum http://www.spiritburner.com/fusion/index.php I think you can buy spares off the owner of the forum.

Service items

Rubber washer on filler hole.

Leather cup for pressurising the tank.

Pip (think thats what its called) at the end of the pump (immersed in fuel) it also sticks and stops the tank being pressurised.

Seal for the pump to the tank

If fuel isn't leaking from the control valves leave alone if it is you can buy the seal for that as well but it means unsoldering the the control valve at the end

pstvemk2h.JPG

pstvemk2k.JPG

pstvemk2m.JPG

Service items

Rubber washer on filler hole.

Leather cup for pressurising the tank.

Pip (think thats what its called) at the end of the pump (immersed in fuel) it also sticks and stops the tank being pressurised.

Seal for the pump to the tank

If fuel isn't leaking from the control valves leave alone if it is you can buy the seal for that as well but it means unsoldering the the control valve at the end

Thanks,

Yes mine works great, apart from as you say the "pip" was stuck for the first test, but once I cleared that all seemed ok.

With the control valve "on off" knobs I normally have to tighten them with pliers to turn them off tighly and I was wondering if there was a "tool" that slipped over the knob to assist in the turning??? if you get what I mean?

Any idea on the large flap/door at the back?

Cheers

Paul

I have a feeling that the flap would be dropped down for when used in conjunction with the no3 oven that sits on top, so that there would be some sort of airflow up and into/around the heating chambers of the oven, also so that one can see that the burners are still lit, as the oven completely blocks the view from above. My no3 and oven along with 3 and a bit no2's are stuck at the back of the shed, so cant immediately get my hands on them to check.

Simon

I have a feeling that the flap would be dropped down for when used in conjunction with the no3 oven that sits on top, so that there would be some sort of airflow up and into/around the heating chambers of the oven, also so that one can see that the burners are still lit, as the oven completely blocks the view from above. My no3 and oven along with 3 and a bit no2's are stuck at the back of the shed, so cant immediately get my hands on them to check.

Simon

Oven!!! I got to get me one of those.....pictures/link, anything.....please!!