"Bonjour" from Champagne, France

Bonjours les amis,

my name is Sebastien. I'm French (nobody’s perfect! ) and a farmer in the Champagne region of France.

I’m a vintage Land Rover Enthusiast; I have a beautifull private collection of few very rares Land Rovers :

"le Britannia II", my amphibious APGP

136861541511813.jpg

"la Panthére Rose", my Pink Panther

136861542525662.jpg

me and "le Bunker", my 4 doors Shorland armoured Series 3

136861542939904.jpg

,amongst others...

I research informations about each model.

If you research informations, parts or véhicules in France, send me a MP: I know many surplus and more here.

I like the military life: between 1989 and 1991, I was a lieutnant in the Engineers alpine troops and my car was....a willys!

Now, I'm the mascott major of "Galopin", the Shetland of my father in a French remembrance association about the 51st Highland Division:

136861627462313.jpg

and sorry for my bad English: I'm just French!

God save the Land Rover!

Satanas (Dick Dastardly in french)

Edited by Satanas
spelling mistake

Welcome

I research informations about each model. And if you research informations, parts or véhicules in France, send me a MP: I know many surplus and more here.

I might take you up on your offer as I am Australian, living in Malaysia, that bought an Acmat, which is in the UK and I can't speak French.

Hi all,

thanks for your warm welcome! I like United Kingdom and I love Land Rover!

If you passed around Reims, In Champagne, you're welcome to sleeping in my Daimler double decker with kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. And he drive well!

I might take you up on your offer as I am Australian, living in Malaysia, that bought an Acmat, which is in the UK and I can't speak French.

Australian? my dream is to buy a perenties and in Malaysia, few year ago, an APGP amphibious was discovered.

http://www.lrom.com/content/article_show.asp?id=1007

Info or intox? I don't know! Maybe you know this story or this man?

And I'm OK to help you for your ACMAT! Great truck!

Fire Flame!

S.

136873260425579.jpg

Oh ! Did the TV series Daktari ever make it to France? :-D

Yes! Here is the proof:

136874067527218.jpg

It's in one of my fields with elephant's grass (myscanthus) and "Cousin Machin II" my Serie I 1951. :-D

Fire flame!

Sébastien-en-Champagne

Australian? my dream is to buy a perenties and in Malaysia, few year ago, an APGP amphibious was discovered. http://www.lrom.com/content/article_show.asp?id=1007

Info or intox? I don't know! Maybe you know this story or this man?

And I'm OK to help you for your ACMAT! Great truck!

Unfortunately the writer of that story seems to make a lot of stories without any facts. Most likely the rarest Land Rover I seen in Malaysia was an ex Army Series 2a forward control. Lot's of fire trucks and a few ex-Aussie 2a's.

They are selling off the Perenties now, which I like also as they have a nice strong engine which can take a lot of punishment.

Hopefully the Acmat will go to Australia in September :-D

I do like your sense of humour! Why have all these toys if you don't play with them? :-D The Perentie has an Isuzu Diseil turbo. Years ago some were over for trials at the Chobham MVEE. I was working for MOD at the time and thinking of buying a Range Rover with the same engine fitted. I phoned Chobham and asked what problems there were with the engine. The reply was 'Don't overfill it with oil'. I did buy the Range Rover and it diid over 500,000 miles that I know of over about 15 years before the engine gave up.

Edited by Tony B