Looking for a Mark a Sherman Firefly owner at Mons this year

Snapper

I am trying to trace a chap called Mark who was at Tanks in Mons with his Sherman Firefly. This is so I can put him in touch with Dave Marian of the USA who has some pictures for him. This will make sense to Mark. PM me and I will make the link.

Mark B (too many Marks round here).

This would be Mark Hughes with his Grizzly complete with drainpipe 17 pr.... :roll:

PM sent

Didn't know he made it!

I was in his Sherman at Beltring!!

I helped him out inside while he was installing gas and stuff for the canon, man it was HOT!!!

Didn't know he made it!

Hmmm, Gizzlies and indeed M4A1 Shermans were never converted to Fireflies. There is a Grizzly/ Firefly at Camp Borden in Canada but this was a one off and not a full conversion. Of course, any owner is free to do whatever they like with their own property....

Hmmm, Gizzlies and indeed M4A1 Shermans were never converted to Fireflies. There is a Grizzly/ Firefly at Camp Borden in Canada but this was a one off and not a full conversion. Of course, any owner is free to do whatever they like with their own property....

Actually I meant I didn't know he made it to Mons.

He was thinking about it when I last saw him at Beltring.

• 5 years later...

sometimes, the fact that some M4 Composites were transformed into Fireflies lead people to believe they were M4A1s,because on some pictures we only see the tank from the front. Sometimes, vintage pics are a bit confusing..

"Some sources state that several Sherman IIs (M4A1) were converted and used in action, but photos allegedly showing these conversions are in fact views of the front half of Sherman I Hybrid Fireflies." (Wikipedia)

P-O