bedford and humbler pigs in oregon pics

goldfishventures

The markings are the 7th Gurkha Rifles, now the Royal Gurkha Rifles. There are sevral Ex Gurkha squaddies at work I'll se if any of them know anything helpful. One charming story about Gurkha's, a friend of mine who is Mod Plod (MOD Police) was on duty for a while at Shorncliffe Barracks near Dover, wher the Gurkha's are based. When she came back I asked her how it went. She said the Gurkha's were charming, they would come up to the gate and politley ask 'Hello Madam, where Brothel?':D

thank-you all for your kind words of support on the purchases...most especially any effort to illuminate the history and movements of these vehicles...my battle plans for these vehicles are quite straight forward....after transport the humbler will get work to put it in running condition, mech. work to get it running and driving without extensive disassembly just stabilization..... the bedford is another matter...i'll go to the chasis first, clean up and get it operational then clear the body from the ford chasis and remove everything that is not stock...then reassemble in it's original state....after examination it seems quite complete with only small bits missing have as well the original radiator and rad. shielding....body is bolted directly to frame by way of through bolts using hard alloy ( cast alum.?) blocks... i will do my best to get it right and avoid any modifications....the story that goes with it is this.... the man i bought it from says that he was importing british armour several years ago and that if he sold 5 he got one free and this is what was sent to him as a freebee....port of entry was L.A. from the uk...i bought it because of it's rariety and it's association with "the emergency" apperantly a very nasty 12 year conflict of course i don't think my local armour clubs will think much of it because there mostly us armour but i know that uk contacts will be pleased....plan on publishing many pics and discriptions of construction to shed light on this obscure vehicle....the gun ring you see on it is saracen but i think i'll leave it.... if i may be so blunt and hope not to offend anyone, what does any one guess it's value is??? this has a bearing to me as to cost of repair/restoration as opposed to value... again thank-you all for your interest...joe in albany...p.s. phone calls are fine, i'm at 541-928-9255