Salerno 2013

Tobin

Dear All,

I need to transport 2 Jeeps and a Humber 8CWT from UK (anywhere) to Salerno, Italy, for the 8th/9th Sept 2013, We have secure storage for a trailer there if required and then back home 12-14 days later. Can anyone help?

Best regards

Tobin

Hi the company that I work for came back with (hope you are sitting down) £12300 +vat! It is 4000 mile round trip on taco would be 5 days each way fuel is about 500 gallons. Hopefully you can get a better price I would start with back loads if you can be more flexible with drop of dates and pick dates.

Edited by hummermark

you could drive them there ! (not as daft as it sounds) if you get the ferry from portsmouth to bilboa then drive 250 miles to barcelona and get the ferry to civitavecchia then another 250 mile or so to salerno. if you wanted to do it cheaply then hire a 16ft trailer for the 2 jeeps and tow it behind the humber that way you only pay for 1 vehicle and you'll only need 1 driver.

whatever you decide it sounds like you'll have a great time in italy once you're there.

all the best

rick

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for that. The orignal plan was to truck them down and drive back but the costs seem to vary dramatically. Time is our enemy as we have a fortnight for the whole trip. I will look at the ferries though. Many thanks

Tobin

you could drive them there ! (not as daft as it sounds) if you get the ferry from portsmouth to bilboa then drive 250 miles to barcelona and get the ferry to civitavecchia then another 250 mile or so to salerno. if you wanted to do it cheaply then hire a 16ft trailer for the 2 jeeps and tow it behind the humber that way you only pay for 1 vehicle and you'll only need 1 driver.

whatever you decide it sounds like you'll have a great time in italy once you're there.

all the best

rick

Careful about Trailers on ferries! You immidiatley become frieight and the cost can bring tears to your eyes! The cheapest may be ship unaccompanied then pick up at port.

• 1 month later...
Dear All,

I need to transport 2 Jeeps and a Humber 8CWT from UK (anywhere) to Salerno, Italy, for the 8th/9th Sept 2013, We have secure storage for a trailer there if required and then back home 12-14 days later. Can anyone help?

Best regards

Tobin

Hi Tobin, i recently priced up a 40ft container with 3 vehicles inside to go to Palermo Sicily, our plan was then to drive back to UK. The price for a container from UK to Sicily was about £1500 inc VAT but excluding local handling fees in Sicily. the company was VM Liner, they were very helpful.

I also had quotes from Seakargo for RORO vessels from UK to Southern Italy, that worked out at about £600 per vehicle.

Hope that helps

Barry

Hi Tobin, i recently priced up a 40ft container with 3 vehicles inside to go to Palermo Sicily, our plan was then to drive back to UK. The price for a container from UK to Sicily was about £1500 inc VAT but excluding local handling fees in Sicily. the company was VM Liner, they were very helpful.

I also had quotes from Seakargo for RORO vessels from UK to Southern Italy, that worked out at about £600 per vehicle.

Hope that helps

Barry

Hello to all

There is a company in Italy that makes transport from Italy to England is based in bradford, the company and Alberti & Santi if you are interested I can put you in touch

Let me give you a question, but what's in Salerno? I'm Italian that I know nothing?

• 4 months later...

Probably too late now... but only just seen this post.

I have a set of 10 reprint maps of the Salerno area - available at £40 plus shipping - copied from originals in my collection

5 @ 1:50,000

5 @ 1:100,000

Pic of the originals

Salerno-50.jpg

Salerno-100k.jpg

PM me if interested in a set.

Tim