help bedford wont start

David Ives

Question

ok after changing all oils and diesel filters after the winter went to start the Bedford today and the engine cranks but wont start I have bled the system up to the injector block but it dosnt want to go any further does anyone have any ideas as when I stop the fuel just seems to end up with air bubbles and returns back down the pipe does anyone have any ideas

7 answers to this question

ok after changing all oils and diesel filters after the winter went to start the Bedford today and the engine cranks but wont start I have bled the system up to the injector block but it dosnt want to go any further does anyone have any ideas as when I stop the fuel just seems to end up with air bubbles and returns back down the pipe does anyone have any ideas

David,

my memories of a MK tell me (assuming this is a MK, multifuel with inline pump) that just turning the engine switch on and letting the electric pump run it will self bleed. You have not turned the tap off by chance?

Apart from checking the obvious for split pipes, loose connections, bad 'o' ring fits....You could also try cracking open the injector pipes at the injectors while bleeding.

As fuel reaches each injector it will leak off slightly....shut each pipe union as it does so & it should start to fire on one at a time till they're all firing.

H

If you loosen the injetor pipes at the injectors to help with the bleeding, lock them all back down once the fuel can be seen at each injector, if you try to tighten them when you have the motor running you may blow off olives before they can be "pinched".

ok I found the problem with the diesel filter there are 2 orings and I missed the 1 in the top:wow: and put 1 inside the top filter which blocked the diesel getting throuth so just proves that a stupid mistake by my part:embarrassed: nearly had me paying out for a new injector pump will check for all orings in the future:mad: but thanks for all the sugestions

ok I found the problem with the diesel filter there are 2 orings and I missed the 1 in the top:wow: and put 1 inside the top filter which blocked the diesel getting throuth so just proves that a stupid mistake by my part:embarrassed: nearly had me paying out for a new injector pump will check for all orings in the future:mad: but thanks for all the sugestions

Don't worry, we sometimes overlook these things.

Good to hear it starts again.