Fitting instructions for Land Rover Radhaz kit

golfhotelwhiskey

Hi, I bought a Radhaz kit last year and am just getting around to fitting it in my 1988 TUM GS Soft Top. I have the bag with the fitting hardware but I am not certain where the "tophat" spacers and pop rivets are used. The kit comes without fitting instructions, which I suspect are contained in an Army handbook or supplement. Does anyone know where I can find the fitting instructions for the radhaz kit?

They are designed to be fitted to a Wolf, TUM HS. If you had a Wolf it would be fairly obvious where all the fittings go as they line up with existing brackets etc. Fitting it into a standard TUM you'll probably just have to make it up as you go along. They are also designed to line the inside of a hard top, so I don't know why you'd want to fit one inside a soft top?

Chris

The instructions for fitting the RF RADHAZ Protection Kit are to be found in AESP 2320-128-811AS Modification Instruction No. 12 and can be fitted to both Hard top and Soft top vehicles.The kit is designed to be fitted to TUL HS FFR and TUM HS FFR vehicles .The NSN for the TUM HS Kit is 7XD 2510-99-182-2566

I've got the instructions somewhere.

Fitting to a standard Defender would be problematical as mentioned above. Are you fitting it permanently?

Every year I fit mine for winter and after 5 years I think I can say I can do it without murdering someone. Its a pain in the a**e but they do make it cosier. Having said that mine is a soft top which they werent really designed for.

Oh by the way a good tip....

If you get an old Wolf soft top, cut the back section off and it makes a really good fume curtain with a window in place, my Wolf gets really toasty in winter with it in place.

Thanks for your replies. Wolfy, any chance of emailing me a scanned copy if you have a copy of the fitting instructions?

I know that I am fitting a kit that wasn't intended for the TUM GS but it would certainly help to make the Defender more comfortable. Warmer in cold weather and cooler if an when it gets hot.

Initially, I could not understand why a radhaz kit was required for a hardtop Wolf until I learned that the Wolf body is fibreglass and does not provide any rf screening. However, I would have thought that rf screening for any LR with a soft top would be a good idea.