Hello from Australia

wedgetail

Hi,

I've just joined this fantastic looking forum. I moved from the UK to central NSW late 2011. I think I comfortably qualify as a vintage vehicle (trucks especially) enthusiast. I have a Chev Blitz C15A (CMP to the rest of the world) I am restoring. I'm not sure of the date, but it's a no 13 cab with an early dash. It's complete, straight and original. It's currently a driving chassis. I'll write a more detailed post in the correct forum though.

I also have a 1981 Landcruiser HJ47 troopcarrier. I love it, but am looking to replace it with a ute, preferably of the same era.

My job is a farm mechanic/workshop manager. So I actually get to fulfil my love of old vehicles at work - as well as modern (and old) landcruisers, I have in my care a 1970s IH ACCO firetruck and some farely tired but still solid Isuzus (one a 4wd FTR firetruck).

I also enjoy carpentry/cabinet making (was a self employed carpenter in the UK), hunting/shooting, analogue photography, hifis and old chainsaws. I'm married and we have just had a son - my pride and joy.

Here's a couple of photos of my current vehicles.

P1020186.jpg

I only use the roof if I take it on the road, which was once in the past year. Still gets a fair bit of use though.

Minebeingtowed_zps36f0d0c1.png

How my uncle came to posses the blitz, towed in with his Studebaker must be over 20 years ago now

CHEV101_zps2f997a50.jpg

how it sat for many years

DSC02050_zpse7fd9221.jpg

current state

Edited by wedgetail

Welcome, Looks like a nice truck in the making. I have just joined too and what a site loads of useful and interesting information. Very jealous of your move I wanted to do the same years back but didn't take the plunge if only I could turn the clocks back I would be on the next flight. All the best and any jobs going ? Ha Ha :)

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to posting some progress.

arcot1751 - probably not what you want to hear but although unemployment has risen a tiny bit from its all time low of 3% a year or so ago, there are more jobs than people it seems ;)

Hi Wedgetail,

Where abouts in Central NSW are you? If you are able to get there, there is a big military vehicle gathering taking place at Corowa NSW on the Murray river, 11th to 17th March, with a swap meet on Saturday morning 16th March. If you are looking for Blitz parts it might be useful.

regards, Richard

Much the same as here then :( I recently had to sell my 43 Ford GPW because of no work I bought a 41 Chevrolet G-7107 cargo truck as a cheaper replacement but still no work so it may have to go now ! At this rate it will be a 40's pushbike for me. All the best and once again welcome :cheesy: arcot1751