Dead Cities

fesm_ndt

A very interesting website, I spent ages in here. I guess with the amount of stuff laying around they dont have scrap metal bandit problems :Dhttp://goroda-prizraki.narod.ru/goroda.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72091[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72092[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72093[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72094[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72095[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72096[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72097[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72098[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72099[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72100[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72101[/ATTACH]

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D interesting there was another radioactive contaminated site in there other than Chernobyl

Haven't looked (cannot afford to lose a morning's work) but my guess would be Chelyabinsk. If not, it should be: google it.

Edit. I might have started a new post but no.

Watch out on the documentary channels (or for DVD box sets) for Life After Humans. It was originally a single two-hour programme looking at how the planet would revert to nature over time if Man simply disappeared. It was so good that they made at least one, maybe two series of one-hour programmes (less advertising obviously) looking at the event from different perspectives. I think all the places named in this thread featured, usually about the second quarter hour, thus:

"25 years after humans. This has happened; that has happened. How do we know this? Because it already has, in Chernobyl / Gary, Indiana / the coal mine on the island / etc, etc." And they'd spend the section looking at how these places have unwound over 25 / 40 / 50 / however many years since Man walked out.

Highly commended. Not one episode missed. Praise the Lord for Sky+.

Edited by AlienFTM

My father in law went with 6 others to Russia as a labourer a few years back.

He was the last of the 7 and they all died from leukemia. so putting 2 and 2 together, whatever job they got asked to do must of been in some contaminated area (without their knowledge)