Tavern

north2007

Hi guys, looking one of these vehicles for a project. Looking forward to chatting on this forum.

Looking for a Tavern then? I know a year or so ago Withams had quite a few, but all the armour had to be removed. Were you thinking of re-creating that to some degree or going to use the chassis for something else?

Looking for a Tavern then? I know a year or so ago Withams had quite a few, but all the armour had to be removed. Were you thinking of re-creating that to some degree or going to use the chassis for something else?

Ah, I hadn't realised Tavern was a type of vehicle. My mind jumped straight to the boozery.

Rather thick doors :-D

App2359.jpg

Credited as 4x4 but I believe the free-wheeling hubs had to be engaged externally, not good in an IS situation. The ground clearance was not too wonderful, as in steep kerbs. Officially designated:

Truck Armoured Patrol Mk2 (APV2) 4x4 6.5Ltr Diesel GMC

The AESP sequence was 2320-K-200 the only other vehicle listed in a 2320-K section at the time was 2320-K-101 Truck Sewage Disposal 6 Tonne 4x2 (Turbo) Bedford SJM2 BLO

Thanks guys for the welcomes.

I served with a military public order unit back in the 90s in NI. We used mainly Snatch however he did get our hands on Tavern. I'm looking to use the the unit without the heavy armoured bulkhead, with a inner roller cage and bespoke GRP body. Think of transformers...It will be something special.. If I can find one :-)

I last saw most of the Tavern chassis in a scrap yard near nottingham, I cant remember the name of it but they where building a new road past it about 2-3 years ago if that helps.

That would be Allsops when they were building the A46 dual carriageway. They will be long gone now.