BBC Antiques Roadshow @ Royal Marine museum.

Tony B

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, it looks as though Health & Safety strikes again. Southsea isn't too far from me so I sent them an email about my bike - below is part of the reply:

"Although your motorcycle sounds fantastic, we tend to discourage people from bring vehicles along to Roadshows. While they are undoubtedly fascinating and beautiful things, the nature of the Roadshow and the logistics of its organisation create difficulties when bringing vehicles on the day, alongside health and safety considerations they give rise to."

I guess their Health & Safety assessment was carried-out after watching the Great Escape!

Edited by BSA WM20

Sadly, it looks as though Health & Safety strikes again. Southsea isn't too far from me so I sent them an email about my bike - below is part of the reply:

"Although your motorcycle sounds fantastic, we tend to discourage people from bring vehicles along to Roadshows. While they are undoubtedly fascinating and beautiful things, the nature of the Roadshow and the logistics of its organisation create difficulties when bringing vehicles on the day, alongside health and safety considerations they give rise to."

I guess their Health & Safety assessment was carried-out after watching the Great Escape!

No. I took Katy down the evening before. Just because of such a problem. They were very helpful. Bear in mind there can be 3,000 odd people turning up.