Another thread

Meteor mark 4B

Well, my "help reqd" thread did thankfully achieve one reply before it was unceremoniously hiked off to much more obscure "other chatter" section. Oh well.....

It was moved from the MV section to Other Chatter as a Mini has nothing to do with MV's. do you think the Mods have nothing better to do than moving threads into the correct boards?

It was moved from the MV section to Other Chatter as a Mini has nothing to do with MV's. do you think the Mods have nothing better to do than moving threads into the correct boards?

Marmite

I tend to disagree with you as an ex REME mechanic I have worked on plenty Mini's, Austin 1800'S etc while serving in the Army? and I was only allowed to work on military vehicles during working hours of the day., the SIB ran plenty of them,the unit families officers used them they were also used as q cars in Northern Ireland which at times could be pretty hairy along with various other makes of cars, to say they were not military vehicles is technically incorrect as we still had to order parts and repair them. Maybe they were not part of the green fleet? but they were still military vehicles in fact the Mini is quite historic now. Maybe you need to rephrase your sentences

Regards

Brucie

I'm sure there have been plenty of civvy vehicles that have been used by various forces, but I'm not sure I'd consider them military if they're not employed as military (i.e. A, B, C vehicles etc.).

If you look outside of those vehicles directly in the military context, you end up with every hire/pool car, delivery truck, milkfloat, etc.

I reckon Marmite's right - its "other" chat, unless you're talking about a Mini that's been in military use (like the Morris Minor's that were used as B vehicles).

I hope Meteor finds his garage anyway.

unless you're talking about a Mini that's been in military use (like the Morris Minor's that were used as B vehicles).

Lauren,

Just as a point of fact, Morris Mini 850 saloons were in-service with the Army from 1971, all bore Army VRN and were black. Like the other poster, I also worked on them and they served as staff cars, and came under the B vehicle category. ;)

This is a Military Vehicle Forum, if members wish to post non military questions within reason they should not get annoyed if we feel they are in the incorrect section & move them (or delete them), just because one board is more popular than another does not give any member the right to think they can post where they like.

Meteor mark 4B

Re: Another thread

OK. Bye

If that means you are leaving the forum? Then Good Bye, your choice ;)

Edited by Marmite!!

.....do you think the Mods have nothing better to do than moving threads into the correct boards?

Not necessarily my choice of words, but then perhaps mine were not necessarily yours.

So I'm happy enough to forget it all, life's too short.

Incidentally, an ex Army mate drove Army Minis in major car rallies, as well as Army Austin 1800s.

Edited by Meteor mark 4B

Sometimes marmite, you can be very 'short' in your replies.

Perhaps, 'I moved it because I thought you would get more help in other chatter', would have been better.

I'll be short again, it was moved as it was in the wrong section, simple as that.

Thread now closed.

Sometimes marmite, you can be very 'short' in your replies.

Perhaps, 'I moved it because I thought you would get more help in other chatter', would have been better.

Oi!

Enough is enough thank you. Take it to PM to me if you have any issue with ANY Mod.

Now - moving on........