Recent Purchases - 1951 Korean Parka & 1985 Trial PLCE Yoke

wdbikemad

004.jpg Some recent Fleabay purchases I thought I'd share.........apologies for the poor quality images..... I must get a new phone....(the missus nicked my Galaxy with the 8 mp camera !!).......first is a rare 1st pattern 1951 dated Korean War British Middle parka in absolutely MINT condition.......this is the original 1st issue made from lightweight olive-drab windproof gabardine, with an attached (not separate) hood and no top pockets..........there may be other differences, such as the cuff straps and other details but I haven't got a later version here to compare at present.........the label is marked "RSM" and scored out but the garment displays absolutely no wear whatsoever.....no doubt he got some minnion to go outside in the cold while this hung on the door !!!!:cool2: I have several examples of the later 1953 pattern in sateen with the separate hood, but only one ragged example of this rather rare pattern until acquiring this.........and I got it for a very reasonable price of just over £50 squid........

The other item is a trial 85 pattern PLCE yoke that I have been seeking for a while now..........and am now only looking for the waterbottle and utility pouches to complete my set.......:-D This yoke cost, including post, a very reasonable £20-odd quid........

001.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by wdbikemad

cheers mate, seen them on ebay, however I am on a self imposed ebay ban at moment....(just bought a ROC BD Blouse!!!)

Mark

I am approaching a similar scenario........Mrs M has noticed my recent purchases and the various parcels arriving at the door, and has today given me that "hard stare"....(similar to the "1000 yard stare" and just as menacing....)...:-(

Rather oddly Jason, I have 2 x Mint Size 1 parkas, and then a couple of Mint size 9's, all of the later pattern.....the recently acquired early example is a 4, but is basically a size 1 although a tad longer in the body and arms......it's the sizes between 1 and 9 that seem incredibly hard to track down now, particularly NOS examples.......and my recently-acquired early example is around the 4th new example I've seen of that type in the last couple of years, all small sizes........whilst the size 1 is small, the 9 is absolutely huge (even on me)...

My uncle gave me a reasonable Size 7 a while ago now, late 60s manufacture by James Smith and with the black-on-green label........he wore it on his scooter in the 60s after buying it in a surplus shop in Southampton and despite this it's in nice condition......it fits me too ! :-D

Edited by wdbikemad