Photo of a wrecked Dodge automobile in Palestine - circa ore 1946

DesertBlooms88

It lookes like : "Overland" "Automobiles" "Made in Toledo Ohio USA". The attached photo of the badge is later, about 1927.

Thanks. I did consider Overland knowing they were from Toledo, but crate wording did not appear to start with an "O".

Incidentally, the badge you depicted, is it a mistake on there with Willys-Overaland around the top edge?

Edited by Richard Farrant

I noticed the incorrect spelling. The photo is of a reproductionl badge that was for sale on e-Bay. It is otherwise identical to the badge on my 1926 Whippet Truck. The damaged car in the photo's are very similar to the 1917-1919 Overland Model 90 and 1920 Overland Model Model 4. Regards.

I noticed the incorrect spelling. The photo is of a reproductionl badge that was for sale on e-Bay. It is otherwise identical to the badge on my 1926 Whippet Truck. The damaged car in the photo's are very similar to the 1917-1919 Overland Model 90 and 1920 Overland Model Model 4. Regards.

Thanks Tom, looking at the crate again, I can now see the wording. Incidentally, I came across an old car chassis some years ago, which had the gearbox incorporated with the rear axle ........ in the back of my mind I seem to think someone suggested it was an Overland, does this mean anything to you?

Thanks Tom, looking at the crate again, I can now see the wording. Incidentally, I came across an old car chassis some years ago, which had the gearbox incorporated with the rear axle ........ in the back of my mind I seem to think someone suggested it was an Overland, does this mean anything to you?

Hi Richard ,I did a quick Google. Overland used these axles from 1910 - 1917. It started with epecyclic gears. I have no data to verify any of this. The pic is also from the net. I have the front axle and wheels for one.

32732.jpg

Hi Richard ,I did a quick Google. Overland used these axles from 1910 - 1917. It started with epecyclic gears. I have no data to verify any of this. The pic is also from the net. I have the front axle and wheels for one.

Hi Tom,

That is exactly the same as the one I saw. Cannot scan the photo at present, top covers removed from both gearbox and diff. If you want to go looking, it is in Northern Territory, Australia, and it was 18 years ago!

regards, Richard

• 2 weeks later...