color engineblock bedford mw

hans prijs

• 1 month later...

Hello Hans,

Actually I have no idea but I have seen the weird blue-greenish color on restored vehicles. Hope others will react, just wanted to give it a start!

Danny

hello

can somebody tell me the collor of the engine in a bedford mw when it came out of the fastory

hans

cleaned several blocks , early ones seem to be a green color for the cast main bit , and all covers are gloss black , some late war engines I cleaned look to be overall black , the color you mention is the color engines received after a rebuild , Lots of pictures from the Bedfords in Dunkirk after the retreat, which have the their bonnets off don`t show a light shade for rebuilt color

cleaned several blocks , early ones seem to be a green color for the cast main bit , and all covers are gloss black , some late war engines I cleaned look to be overall black , the color you mention is the color engines received after a rebuild , Lots of pictures from the Bedfords in Dunkirk after the retreat, which have the their bonnets off don`t show a light shade for rebuilt color

Hi ,

I can concur with the above as I bought some engines for spares - Most of these were black and the only one in the greeny duck egg type colour had a post war rebuild plate on the block , so presumed that is why it was painted in this colour the same as series landrovers and ferrets etc .

The engine in my early MW is body coloured , but presume it should be black

Hope this helps , cheers Glynn

The previous mail was crrect- out of the factory they were black, post maintenance they painted them the bluey green colour- "duck egg blue" i believe, so that they could spot oil leaks!

Mine is black!

mike

The previous mail was crrect- out of the factory they were black, post maintenance they painted them the bluey green colour- "duck egg blue" i believe, so that they could spot oil leaks!

Mine is black!

mike

I was always led to believe the colour was eau de nil, but don't quote me on it.

Steve.