any ideas

Fusilier

Question

Hello all,

trying to find out as much as possible about my landy before restoration so while waiting for camberley to get back to me and looking at any army reg with BP in the nearest one i have found is a pic of 40 BP 38 this reg appears in Windscreen summer 2010 issue 127 on page 20 my landys army reg is only a couple off this 41 BP 35 from what i have seen reg numbers i think were put on vehicles then sent out from the depots and this may mean nothing? did the reg's follow a group pattern?

From what I have read in the Windscreen article by John Mastrangelo and the Quarter ton Pat Ware. this Land Rover was

part of order 6/VEH/16223 1955 WD 57100282-4375 FV18001 Soft top 36 BP 85-48 BP 58

I am still scraping layers of paint off to see what I can find unfortunately some wally put head lights in the wings and cut up the markings there is only a little left and not enough to ID I think. however i found a stencil under the desert sand/light stone paint and was wondering what the 6039-10-193? means/refers to?

Any help and advice or tips on getting the history of the Land Rover.

Thank you.

Edited by Fusilier

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet