Ruddington auction details

NickAbbott

Having never seen a Ruddington auction catalog, I was wondering how much info was provided on each of the vehicles that were disposed of in the 1960s?

I'm trying to research the history of my Matador, but have hit a brick wall, other than that it was disposed of in early 1960, and I was wondering if there would be any info on it in any of the auction catalogs from around that date? It's been fitted with a crane, and I'm trying to establish if it was done by the military or afterwards, as the crane seems to have been made up from military components, with a fairly special (but unknown use), rather than being either a timber or recovery crane. If anyone has access to catalogs from that period, and could take a look, it's reg is 95YY47 if that helps?

Any help/info appreciated

Nick

The only information in a Ruddington or any other military sale catalogue would have been the auction lot number, vehicle make and type and the military reg. number, all you would deduct is the date when the vehicle was sold.

There are Matador experts on here who may be able to shed more light on your Matadors history, have the Logistics Corp museum at Deepcut got any records?

Edited by Nick Johns

I have the details from deepcut, which basically gives the disposal date and registration number and not really anything else - even if it just said "AEC Matador with crane, reg number 95YY47", that would give me enough info to know that the crane was fitted during military service!

Thanks

Nick