Morning folks,

this might be a stupid question, but is it cheaper to tax a RB44 than a Landy? I checked on DVLA site the reg number of a RB on milweb, and it says tax £90, my landy 90 is £121, both for 6months! Is this right?

Also, am I correct in thinking that a RB needs a class 4 mot?

Mark

(Still thinking of a RB44!!)

Edited by chevpol
spelling!!!!

thanks Lee, thats interesting, might be cheaper to run a RB44 than a Landy........

Mark

MPG for an RB is approx 20 - 22

Not sure what class 4 MOT means but its a visit to VOSA or a comparable site for its MOT.

Also don't forget to exempt it from having to use a Tacho at the time of its MOT.

looking promising, would need to sell 90 to fund it, or a straight swap with somebody? (Mrs Chevpol says if I want one, got to sell either or both landys!!!)

Ok, just testing water here, is there anybody on here willing to swap a roadworthy, taxed, tested RB44 (would love pod, but gs ok) for my RAF 90 hardtop with windows?

Mark

Class VII mot as its about 4 tonne unladen, well mine was, £165 tax, not willing to swap as I've only just got it on the road.

I doubt it's cheaper to put on the road, unless you get limited mileage insurance and don't do very many miles, as already stated they get around 20ish to the gallon.

They are a lot heavier to drive than a landy as well, and have absolutely no sound insulation, ear plugs are definitely required.

Gearbox is backward as well, with no synchro in first.