Penmaenmawr at War

Took the Weasel to this event today, unfortunately although the organisers had been promised a number of vehicles nobody else turned up, the flip side was that I was overwhelmed with with interest and questions all day. The only other exhibit on the promenade was a full size replica Spitfire, a regular at events in N.Wales and N.West England.

Sadly apart from the re-enacting side there had been no publicity for the event and most of the locals were unaware of it but due to the good weather yesterday (Sunday) lots of both visitors and locals were on the prom. A small battle was staged by a group from the Midlands in which I with the Weasel and a couple of the Spitfire guys took part and this was very much enjoyed by a large audience. There were also things being staged by shops in the main street which were by all accounts very good but I was unable to get up to see this part of the event. Due to a very bad weather forecast for Monday the Spitfire had to be dismantled and events on the prom cancelled but festivities will still carry on in the village centre.

ps no pics as camera away for repair.