Avimo Binoculars

• 10 months later...
Does anyone have a spare case please for the British Army issue Avimo Bonoculars or can post a picture so I can see what I am looking for.

I believe they also came with filters which were attached to the strap.

Still looking for an issue case for these Binoculars and also now a locking ring which secures the rubber eye piece on.

What does the case look like

They never had a case. Because they are externally covered in a Rubber Armour Tony. ;) They are manufactured from an alloy & frequently used to break in half, if subjected to a blow of force. When I was attached to the Para's, I had to write off quite a few over my Two year period attached to the unit! It was not uncommon for them to get broken on Parachute decents. They were worn around the neck conventionally, but under the smock on decent's. A Paratrooper hits the ground on a PX8 Parachute at times. With speeds of up to 30Mph!.....They are a FIXED Focus item of Combat Field Equipment, with a GREEN Rubber Neck strap. That SHOULD have a small Green pouch on it, containing a pair of yellow anti-glare sun filters. The eye cups are concertina types with a black plastic cover on a cord. That goes into the cup to keep dust out. In use, the covers have a press stud moulded in. That enables the covers to attach to the neck cord, to prevent them swinging about & getting snagged on anything. I have a pair of these somewhere tucked away, but Goodness knows where! I have SO much kit stored away, just like we ALL Have!.......:nut: